Ludovico Luxury Apartment
- SQM n/a
History & Location:
A recently restored and decorated luxury five-bedroom apartment on the terraced fourth floor of a historical family owned the villa in the heart of Florence. The premises have been decorated to the highest standards, in a fashionable contemporary style, by an internationally known interior designer.
Ludovico is one of Florence’s historical palazzi. Its superb location is right in the heart of Florence, just a few steps from Piazza della Signoria, the Uffizi, and Ponte Vecchio. Its origins date to the 12th century but its actual form is mainly derived from a 17th century renovation by the Marchese Anton Maria Bartolo and designed by architect Ferdinando Tacca, who also signed the stunning entrance.
During WWII, German troops mined and blew up all the surroundings of Ponte Vecchio, including The Apartment. The Torre dei Girolami, one of the highest towers remaining in Florence, adjacent to the villa and belonging to the same estate, collapsed on it, destroying the upper floors. These floors were rebuilt immediately after the war using the debris of the tower.
For the lofty living room at the top floor the owner did a radical restoration of all the superstructures as partitions, false ceilings, & layers of paint to highlight the original structure made of bricks and pillars from the tower. From the sofa, you have views from Santo Stefano church through the blooming terrace and on the opposite side; you can see the tower of Palazzo Vecchio.
Undoubtedly, this property is one of the most stylish and luxurious private residences in the historical centre of Florence. It has recently been restored to a very high level by one of Europe’s leading interior designers and a member of Florence’s aristocracy. The total size of the 5-bedroom apartment is 270 sq meters (almost 3,000 sq feet). It is located within short walking distance of the main sights of the city: the Ponte Vecchio, Uffizi Gallery, and Piazza della Signoria.
Guests arrive at the apartment at street level by entering a gracious 17th century hall with its original columns and statues. A beautiful vaulted staircase leads to the upper floors. If preferred, access to 4th floor is also available by a newly installed mirror-lined elevator. A private garage with storage facilities is at guests' disposal.
- Entrance door on the fourth floor reachable by lift or stairs
- Fully equipped eating in Kitchen
- Large double volume living/dining room (65 sq meters, almost 700 sq feet( with fireplace (French door to fully furnished terrace/roof garden with dining area
- Suite 1: king size bed, all marble bathroom, walk in shower with Turkish bath, stair to bathtub in loft, large counter, back down the stairs, door to terrace. Private loft with 50” SAT TV and sofa bed
- Suite 2: king size bed, marble bathroom, wall mounted shower in the tub, stairs to private lofted sitting room with sofa/ day bed,
50” TV screen, and large counter, back down the stairs, door to terrace
- Bedroom 3: twin beds, en suite marble bathroom, separate shower
- Bedroom 4: king size bed, marble bathroom, stone sink, separate shower
- Bedroom 5: double king on the upper level king size bed, en suite shower room with double stone sink
- Large terrace - 60sq meters (650sq ft) of lovely terrace for al fresco lunches and dinners
- Guest’s powder room
- Wi-Fi broadband connection, stereo, SAT TV, fax machine
- Laundry with dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer
Amenities and services included:
- Daily maid service
- All the utilities
- Air conditioning
- Wireless internet connection (Wi-Fi)
- SKY satellite TV
- Telephone for local calls
- Final cleaning
- Bathroom amenities
- Basic pre-arrival grocery
- Hairdryer in each bathroom; cots, cradles, high chairs, wheelchair, can be easily provided
- Basic supplies always available for free as mineral water (sparkling and still) balsamic vinegar, various spices, various English teas, Italian roast coffee, paper napkins, tissues, toilet paper, soap, candles.
- Produce from Tuscan estates as extra virgin oil, vinegar, season crops from vegetable garden and orchard, various jams (plum, fig, apricot, and quince), honey.
- Private garage with storage facilities
5 Bathroom, 5 Bedroom, 1 Dining-Room, 1 Kitchen, 1 Living room
Sleeping1 Baby crib, Bed linen, 4 King bed, 1 Sofa bed, 2 Single bed
CookingChild's high chair, Coffee machine, Cooking utensils, Dishwasher, Microwave, Oven, Refrigerator, Spices, Water cooler
Heating/CoolingAir conditioning, Central heating
EntertainmentDVD-Player, Fax, Wireless Broadband Internet, Stereo system, Telephone, TV (Satellite)
SanitaryBidet, Hair dryer, Shower, Towel-set, Hot Tub, Washbasin
LaundryIron & Board, Washing machine